'Good art breaks the ice'
All follow ups, including JawsII, PhantasmII and 2010, are awful. The one and only exception is
OmenII, but the follow-up of the follow up (OmenIII) as well as the follow-up of the follow up of the follow up
(OmenIV) are as awful as all other follow-ups. Francis Coppola did the right thing with 'Apocalypse Now'. No goddamn 'Apocalypse Now II', nor 'The Return of the Killer Apocalypse' but 'Heart of darkness', in which he
shows how the movie was made.
- 1) Apocalypse Now
- War as a Rock&Roll circus. I think Nietzsche would have loved this movie.
- 2) 2001
- This is one of those works of art that are meant to experience, rather than to be understood.
A mixture of science and mysticism in 4 parts.
- 3) Aguirre, wrath of God
- 'If I, Aguirre, want the birds to fall dead out of the trees, then the birds will fall dead out of the trees.'
- 4) Don't look now
- The 1st time I saw this movie (in 1990 or 1991), everything got so weird that
I wondered if an 'unreliable perspective' was used. Then the idea struck me that the movie was
the distorted view of a dangerous psychopath. A shocking experience.
- 5) Planet of the apes
- In a distant future men is treated by apes in the way we treat
- 6) Phantasm
- A low budget horror movie, which I saw shortly
after the release back in 1977 or 1978. I recall that the commercials before the movie began took so long that at the break the movie was still to begin.
Now, what is so great about this movie? I guess the atmosphere.
- 7) the Omen
- This movie scared the hell out of me. The music certainly added a lot to it.
- 8) the Trip
- The one and only good movie about LSD I have ever seen. By Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper & Jack Nicholson.
Two years later these guys made the cultmovie 'Easy Rider'
- 9) Jaws
- What can I say about this famous movie? When I first saw it,
in the winter of 1975, I got so sick I had to stay
at home for 2 days, and wondered if I would ever dare to enter the sea again.
- 10) Easy Rider
- "Sure! They're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and
TALK to you, about individual freedom, but when they see a free individual, it
My favourite series
Blackadder (the 2nd & 3rd)
Yes Minister & Yes Prime Minister
And, ashamed as I am to admit it:
This is a really cool site!
||No Beavis, this site sucks...